Serves: 2, with some to spare
4 rashers of streaky bacon. Chopped.
175g lightly-spiced black pudding (or lightly-spiced sausage if you prefer). Diced into small chunks.
1 onion, roughly chopped.
8 mushrooms, chopped into quarters
1 1/2 cups of cooked brown rice.
1. Use a large, heavy bottomed frying pan (this is a one pan method!)
2. Fry bacon for a few minutes (add olive oil if needed)
3. Add onions and fry with bacon, until soft
4. Add black pudding (or spicy sausage) and fry until cooked
5. Add cooked rice and stir all together
6. Add mushrooms
7. Cook altogether on a medium heat until rice is warmed through and mushrooms are cooked
8. Serve with stir-fried veggies (or if you want real comfort food, serve with baked beans)
9. Enjoy with a glass of Ash Ridge Cabernet Merlot.