Want to find out how wine is actually made?
Our vineyard and winery walking tour gives a behind the scenes look at the whole process – a true ‘grape to glass’ experience; our relaxed, fun and informative tours take you behind the scenes.
What is involved?
Our tour consists of three parts:
- A walking tour through the vineyard, here we will discuss a year in the vineyard, going through the key steps that get us through to harvest.
- A walking tour of the winery, here we will discuss the main processes to get from grapes to bottled wine.
- A tutored tasting in the cellar, here we will go through the main aspects of how to taste wine, and run through a tasting of six wines.
We operate one tour per day starting promptly at 11am. (Please be here no later than 10:50am to register)
The tours are run daily from the 1st October through to Easter Monday, then the tours are closed for the winter season.
Each tour has a maximum of 12 people, ensuring a personal experience.
Tours take between 1.5 and 2 hours, approximately 1 hour is walking, so please wear appropriate footwear for the vineyard (enclosed shoes are essential, no open toe shoes will be permissable).
Tours cost $49 per person.
What happens if it is raining?
75% of the tour is conducted inside, for the vineyard walk we will provide umbrellas if it is raining. If rain is forecast please wear suitable clothing.
Do I need to book?
Yes, we are only running one tour a day, with a max of 12 people per tour to ensure the best experience for you, so pre-booking will be essential.
Do you have a cancellation policy?
Yes, we offer the following cancellation policies based on the number of spots you have booked:
- If you have booked for 4 spaces or less, and you can cancel more than 48 hours ahead (before 11am two days before your booked date) a full refund will be made. If you are cancelling within 48 hours of the booked date, no refund will be given.
- If you have booked for 5 spaces or more, you will need to let us know more than 7 days before to get a full refund. If you cancel within seven days, no refund will be given.Please note: cancellations must be made via email, so we have a full record of your cancellations, phone calls will not suffice.
Can I bring children?
Yes, but not recommended. This is not an event for young children. Any disruption to the other attendees and you may be asked to leave the tour.
Children must be strictly supervised if joining the tour for health and safety reasons, and to ensure all participants get the best experience.
Children under 12 years of age, can accompany an adult for free, max 1 child per adult.
Young adults between 12 and 18 will be charged the full price, but not allowed to participate in any wine tasting.
Do you run tours at other times?
At the moment we only run one tour a day at 11am. We ask that you be at Ash Ridge Wines at least 10 minutes before 11am to enable registration. Tours start at 11am prompt.
How do I get to you?
Ash Ridge is situated at 2543 State Highway 50, Hastings. See our directions page for more details
Are there buses to get to you
No. There is no public transport to our location and we do not offer a pick up and collection service. You must arrange transport yourself with a sober driver or taxi to visit us.
Are there places to eat near the winery?
You can enjoy a beautiful cheese and meats platter at Ash Ridge. We also do pizzas on the weekend; come in and look at our menu. If you would like to stay for lunch after the tour it is advisable to make a booking at registration. There are other wineries in the area that can also provide lunch.